A GREAT EXPRESSION OF SYRAH
Mesure: 0.75 l.
Characteristics of the vineyard: The first Syrah has been planted in 2002 in the foothills of the Moncayo. The vines were meticulously planted to take advantage of the soil, sun and the uniqueness of the Cierzo (a brisk wind that blows down from the northwest over 200+ days of the year), which freshens the grapes from bloom to peak maturity. The vineyard´s altitude is from 350 to 600 meters above see level, in limestone soil, giving the Syrah a pleasant acidity.
Elaboration: The maceration is between 4-5 days and the total fermentation takes 15-20 days in stainless steel tanks at a controlled temperature of 22° to 26 °. At that time is aged in new American oak barrels for 12 months, and other in stainless steel tank.
- Appearance: opaque red-black. Crimson-purple rim.
- Aroma: powerful impression of blackberries, with a hint of wood smoke and sweet vanilla.
- The nose begins to open up and develops notes of dark chocolate.
- Palate: the initial impact is very full bodied, with a plush, soft structure.
- Flavours of dark berries dominate; wild blackberries and dried plums, with notes of espresso coffee.
Drinking temperature: 16ºC.